Thursday, March 10, 2011

Verbs in English

I have found that in english, it is not my native language, you can use many words as verbs. The new words, are not new because they have not existed before but the meaning, are used now as actions and the funniest thing is that everybody understands what they are saying. I will post some of them, probably are lots more, that take you out of problems when you dont know how to say something.

Instant Message- IM-IMing, IMed.. means that you are doing the action of chatting with someone by chat.
Email- emailing.. means that you are sending electronic mails.
Blog- blogging- act of post in a blog
Bug- bugging- Sending viruses, bothering people with programms
Hole- holing- doing a hole (i've heard this only once)

For me this means that languages are alive, that they change with the people, uses and customs. In spanish is the same but if we could read our own languages and do a comparison between the old and modern ones we will find that we dont understand too many ways to say or to express ideas. I tried to read Shakespeare in old english but wow.. i spent a lot of time reading one paragraph!!!! lol, of course not my native one but I bet I am not alone in this case =) .

Period

No comments: